News and Videos
The College Board has announced the 7th Annal AP District Honor Roll, recognizing 10 Indiana school districts. AP-TIP IN is working with 4 of the 10 school districts! Congratulations to Griffith Public Schools, Richland-Bean Blossom community School Corporation, Westfield Washington Schools, and Whitko Community School Corporation. The Indiana Department of Education made the announcement on Monday, January 23, 2017; further details can be found here.
The Indiana Department of Education announced on August 19, 2016, Twenty New Promising Practices. We extend our congratulations to Mississinewa High School for being named to the list! Mississinewa High School's administration and teachers continue the AP-TIP IN and NMSI strategies and it is remarkable to see their efforts recognized by the state of Indiana! You can read more about MAPP here.
Congratulations to the students, staff, and teachers at Elkhart Central High School, Lake Central High School, New Prairie High School, Perry Meridian High School, Speedway Senior High School, and Whiteland Community High School! They are among the 51 Indiana high schools recognized by the Indiana Department of Education and the College Board for exceeding the goal of 25% of all graduates earning a 3 or higher on an Advanced Placement exam.
April 25, 2016, The Washington Post, "Challenging High Schools Index," AP-TIP IN is proud to announce that of our 30 high school's in Indiana, 21 high schools are ranked in the top 100!
The index score is the number of college-level tests given at a school in the previous calendar year divided by the number of graduates that year. Also noted are the percentage of students who come from families that qualify for lunch subsidies (Subs. lunch) and the percentage of graduates who passed at least one college-level test during their high school career, called equity and excellence, (E&E).
The index can be found here.
- News Story from ABC 57 on Friday, January 8, regarding the Indiana Higher Education Commission Grant
- Who Says Math Has to Be Boring? The New York Times Editorial, December 7, 2013
- Even A Bad AP Score Can Be Good- Washington Post- November 14th, 2012
- STEM Jobs Becoming Larger Emphasis in Indiana- November 5th, 2012
- New CPE Report Connects High School to College Success- Octorber 12, 2012
- Program Aims to Improve AP Scores with Training and Incentives
- Partnering with Indiana to Boost High School Science/Math Prospects
- AP surges as tool for schools raising standards
AP-TIP IN at Work in Jeffersonville, Indiana AP-TIP IN Kicks Off Their Program Summer of 2012
A Massachusett's Success Story The Story of National Math and Science
- What counts in college admssions: PDF or National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) website
- Center for Public Education, National School Boards Association, October 2012, High School Rigor and Good Advice Setting Up Students to Succeed.
- NMSI Annual Report 2014
- Institute overview