The AP-TIP IN program reports on its third year of building STEM-related college- and career-readiness.
Success stories for high school students, educators, and schools:
The information relevant to the overall 2014-2015 results for the Indiana schools participating in AP-TIP IN, were announced on October 6, 2015, at Kokomo High School. Reporters interested in the results for particular schools in their audience area are invited to email Program Director, Karen Morris at Karen.Morris.email@example.com.
View the archived AP-TIP IN Press Conference announcing the awards and successes, thanks to Kokomo High School's FastPlaySports Network.
Building Years in 2015/2016 -- School Successes, New Grants
- List of participating schools and our pre-event announcement of student results: Preview news release & school list 10-5-2015. Samples of statistics from the program's third year: Graphs 2015
- Press packet summary information for October 6 event: news announcement 10-6-15. Power Point Slideshow used at October 6 event: aptipin slides 10-6-15
- 2016 grant news: Indiana Commission on Higher Education provides $370K for AP-TIP IN's distinctive support of STEM teachers. Program director Karen Morris on TV, 1/8/16..
- 2015 grant from Indiana Commission on Higher Education provides $267K for AP-TIP IN's distinctive support, announced 9/28/15.
News coverage and press releases from participating schools:
- Kokomo High School's announcement of October 6 receipt of School of the Year honors: Kokomo announcement
- Kokomo Tribune story on October 7 by Lauren Slagter about awards for participant school Kokomo HS
- Inside Indiana Business story October 5 by Shannon Dawson
- Elkhart Truth story about results for local participants: Concord HS, Elkhart Central HS, Elkhart Memorial
- Lebanon Reporter story on October 17 by Rod Rose
- Daily Journal story on October 27 by Abby Armbruster profiling Whiteland HS participating math teacher named Educator of the Year.
- Indiana Education Insight newsletter in October 12 edition.
- Kokomo Herald story on October 8. Kokomo Perspective.com story on October 19 by Alyx Arnett
- Perry Meridian High School's announcement
- Elkhart Memorial and Elkhart Central feature on October 22, 2015, by WSBT Channel 22 (video link to WSBT)
- Indiana Economic Digest on October 22 by Elkhart Truth's Michelle Sokol: AP test gains and schools' plans to extend the program internally.
This video looks back at the students, educators, and schools who gathered in autumn 2014 to celebrate their College Board Advanced Placement (R) success:
Here's the previous AP-TIP IN Success Story (text) for school year 2013-2014 -- in statewide statistics ...