Collaborations and Partnerships
The Institute for Educational Initiative is an active promoter of collaborations and partnerships and a builder of many relationships—all to support the education of youth.
Units and individuals of the Institute are collaborating in many interdisciplinary and creative ways, involving organizations such as these:
- American Educational Research Association
- American Sociological Association
- Congregation of Holy Cross
- National Center on School Choice / Vanderbilt University
- National Catholic Education Association
- Reading for Life (News: Mentor Honored and Entry in NPR's "Participation Nation" blog)
- Society for Research on Educational Effectiveness
- University Consortium on Catholic Education
Institute units and individuals are involved in projects that include many partner organizations at the international, national, state, and local levels. Notre Dame's Office of Public Affairs recognizes the Institute and ACE engagement in the local communities around the campus. Partner organizations include these:
Indiana Commission for Higher Education
- South Bend Community Schools Corporation
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend
- University Writing Center, Notre Dame
- Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend Catholic Schools
A major area of collaboration and partnership, extending from April 2011 through the end of the 2011-2012 academic year, is taking place right on campus. The Notre Dame Forum is a tradition at the University of Notre Dame that focuses the community’s attention on one important topic for the period of an academic year. In 2011-2012, the subject is education reform, and the Institute and ACE are a primary part of the university-wide cooperation in planning discussions to shed new light on K-12 schooling in the United States.
- See video of “The System” panel, kicking off the discussions in April, 2011.
- Read about the plans for the Notre Dame Forum exploring education reform
Your engagement with the cause of improved educational opportunities for all children can begin through the Institute, whose units and individuals engage in collaborations and partnerships like these:
- Events for enrichment and professional development